40 years of Louisiana paddling experience, locally owned and family operated
$65/adult $50/child – 2 hour kayak swamp tour
Leave the shoreline behind and immediately be submersed in a dense swamp with no natural land to be seen.
Kayak through an old world cypress swamp during this guide kayak swamp tour. Guided by the best in the industry let our guides lead you down a web of waterways through part of the Louisiana wetlands.
Taste of the Backcountry Bayous (2 hour tour)
Meet your tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, a quick kayaking lesson, plus safety instructions. Then follow your tour guide in your kayak down a natural bayou which feeds Lake Pontchartrain. Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about area history, the bayous, the swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco system.
Depending on the season wildlife consists of osprey, ibises, egrets, herons, alligators, turtles, and more. . Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the swamps.
- Easy tour pace
- Average tour size is just 8 paddlers
- Drinking water and waterproof cases to protect phones are included in the tour
- Tour lasts about 2.5 hours total with 2 hours on the water
- No experience is required
- Lead by expert guides
What You Bring
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Comfortable clothing you do not mind geting wet. We recommend wearing a hat in warmer months
- Transportaton, drive time is about 40 mins from New Orleans (Uber/Taxi’s do not offer reliable return rides from the launch)
What We Bring
- A knowledgeable guide
- Clean, quality tandem kayaks plus all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Bug spray, if needed