40 years of Louisiana paddling experience, locally owned and family operated
$59/adult $35/child – 3 hour kayak swamp tour -canoes also available
Leave the shoreline behind and explore a swamp, marshes and our estuary system all along the bayou.
Kayak or Canoe through an extensive wetland ecosystem during this guided swamp tour. Guided by the best in the industry let our guides lead you down the bayou through part of the Louisiana wetlands.
Full Flavor of the Bayou Tour
Meet your tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, a quick kayaking lesson, plus safety instructions. Then follow your tour guide in your kayak or canoe down a natural bayou which feeds Lake Pontchartrain. Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about area history, the bayous, the swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco system.
Depending on the season wildlife consists of osprey, ibises, egrets, herons, alligators, turtles, woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the swamps.
- Easy tour pace
- Average tour size is just 8 paddlers
- Light snack, Drinking water and waterproof cases to protect phones are included in the tour
- Tour lasts about 3.5 hours total with 3 hours on the water
- No experience is required
- Lead by expert guides
What You Bring
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Comfortable clothing you do not mind getting wet. We recommend wearing a hat in warmer months
What We Bring
- A knowledgeable guide
- Clean, quality tandem kayaks plus all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Bug spray, if needed