Kayak Swamp Tours near New Orleans, Louisiana
$69/adult $35/child – 3.5 hour tour
Save $10 per person when you book online
Visit a natural bayou passing through 3 of south Louisiana’s endangered eco systems. During our 3 miles tour you will leave the solid ground behind kayaking through a swamp, a marsh, and out into the Lake Pontchartrain estuary system. The estuary system surrounding the lake breeds most of the seafood you will enjoy while visiting New Orleans.
Meet your tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, a quick kayaking lesson, plus safety instructions. Then follow your tour guide in your kayak down a natural bayou which feeds Lake Pontchartrain. Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about area history, the bayous, the swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco system.
Depending on the season wildlife consists of osprey, ibises, egrets, herons, alligators, turtles, and more. . Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the swamps.
- Easy tour pace
- Average tour size is just 8 paddlers
- Drinking water, a local snack, and waterproof cases to protect phones are included in the tour
- Tour lasts about 3.5 hours, not including the transit time
- No experience is required
- Po-Boy lunch optional add-on
What You Bring
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet.
- Comfortable clothing for being active, swimsuits are fine. We recommend wearing a hat in warmer months.
What We Bring
- A knowledgeable guide
- Quality clean kayaks and canoes plus all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- A light mid-paddle snack
- Drinking water
- Bug spray, if needed
- Transportation from New Orleans is available for just $10 per paddler
Small Group Canoe & Kayak Tour with transportation from New Orleans with Transportation from New Orleans
Small Group Canoe & Kayak Tour (drive yourself) – drive yourself to our launch