45 years of Louisiana paddling experience, locally owned & operated by Canoe and Trail Adventures’
Guides certified Louisiana Master Naturalist
2.5 hour kayak tour – “Taste of the Bayou”
4 hour kayak tour – “Full Flavor of the Bayou”
shuttle from New Orleans available
Tandem kayaks and solo kayaks available – poboy lunch
Leave the shoreline behind and explore a swamp, marshes and our estuary system all along the bayou. Within our tour your will experience 3 distinct wetland ecosystems.
Kayak through an extensive wetland habitat during a guided kayak tour on Cane Bayou. Guided by certified Louisiana Master Naturalist let our guides lead you down the bayou through part of the Louisiana wetlands.
Meet your knowledgeable guide, receive your paddling equipment, a quick kayaking lesson, plus safety instructions. Then follow your tour guide in your kayak down a natural bayou which feeds Lake Pontchartrain. Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about area history, the bayous, the swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco system.
Depending on the season wildlife consists of osprey, ibises, egrets, herons, alligators, snakes, turtles, woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the swamps.
- $65 per adult/$35 per child for 4 hour tour
- $59 per adult/$35 per child for 2.5 hour tour
- (optional) $15 per person for shuttle from New Orleans
- Easy tour pace
- Average tour size is just 8 paddlers
- Drinking water and waterproof cases to protect phones are included in the tour
- No experience is required
- Professional guides and certified Louisiana Master Naturalist
- Tours are operated by Canoe and Trail Adventures
- Po-boy sandwiches available for purchase when making your reservation
What You Bring
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Comfortable clothing you do not mind getting wet. We recommend wearing a hat in warmer months
What We Bring
- A knowledgeable guide
- Clean, quality tandem kayaks plus all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water